Friday, January 23, 2009

One Soon

I recently spent an afternoon capturing engagement photos of Lindsey and Alton. Their wedding is planned for early April and will be conducted outdoors near a lake. For the sake of variety, they chose to shoot the engagement photos in downtown Baton Rouge. We began on the state capitol grounds and then moved to downtown proper and finished up on the riverwalk atop the levee. Breanna, my youngest daughter, assisted me on this afternoon mostly in aiming and adjusting my off camera flash.






I decided to enter the above photo in an online photography contest. Titled "Head Over Heels", it recieved enough votes for a fourth place finish in a field of superb photographs. It was a no-brainer for me to finish the photograph in black and white. The classic composition and timeless content made it so. The square crop came later as I was preparing the image for competition. Reminiscent of the medium format crop ratios, the square crop also adds to the "classic feel" of this photograph. Admittedly, it is among my all time favorite captures and I am thankful to be able to share it with Lindsey and Alton.







Lindsey and Alton are each remarkable individuals. Together, they make for a great couple. I am not only flattered to do so, but am also looking forward to playing my part in preserving the memories of this momentous beginning.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

daddy!!! i love your pics! send me the link to the ones from my bday thanks! :]

Daniell Sutton said...

Two of my dearest friends! Sir you did a wonderful job in capturing them!

Daniell Guillory

Rebekah Gonzalez said...

wow these are amazing...I especially like the one with the refection. Good job capturing the emotion!

Lindsey said...

You didn't tell us we were in your blog! Your photos are amazing. Thank you so much for capturing our engagement/wedding memories. :)